- You can delete your Twitter account by deactivating it on the Twitter website or mobile app.
- When you deactivate a Twitter account, you have 30 days or 12 months to activate it before deleting.
- If you want to use them with a new account you can preserve your Twitter username or email.
- For more stories visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library.
Twitter can be a source for breaking news, trending memes and updates from friends. At the same time, it can feel like a nuisance filled with knee jerk reactions and misleading information.
If you are ready to say goodbye to the social media app, you can deactivate your account on the Twitter website or mobile app for iPhone or Android. If you want to protect your username or email address to create a new account, you can do so.
How to delete your Twitter account on iPhone or Android
1 is Open the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap on the icon of the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner and choose “Settings and Privacy”.
3. Tap “Account” at the top of the “Settings and Privacy” page.
४. At the bottom of the “Account” page, select “Deactivate Your Account”.
5. Next to “Reaction Time”, tap “Make a Select” and choose 30 days or 12 months in the pop-up.
६. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Deactivate”.
… Enter your password and hit “Deactivate”.
… A pop-up should prompt you to deactivate your account at the end. Press “Yes, deactivate” and it will take you to the Twitter login page after successfully deactivating your account.
How to delete your Twitter account on desktop
1 is Go to Twitter website And login to your account.
2. In the menu on the left side of the Twitter homepage, click “More”.
3. Select “Settings and Privacy” in the pop-up.
४. At the top of the Settings menu, click “Your Account”.
5. Click “Deactivate Your Account” at the bottom of the “Your Account” menu.
६. In the “Deactivate Account” section, select “Response Period”. You can choose either 30 days or 12 months.
… Click “Deactivate” at the bottom of the page.
… Enter your password and click “Deactivate”.
९. A pop-up should prompt you to deactivate your account at the end.
How to delete twitter app
If you are not ready to delete your Twitter account, but want to take a break from the site, you can delete the app from your device without deleting your entire account.
To remove the Twitter app on Android, hold down your finger on the app icon and tap “uninstall”, or to hide the app, drag and drop it into your app drawer.
To delete the Twitter app on an iPhone, hold down your finger on the app icon and tap on “Remove App” and then “Delete App”, or tap on “Delete App” to move the app to your app library. And then “Remove from Home Screen”
How to reuse your username or email on Twitter
When you delete your Twitter account, your username is deleted along with it. If you want to reuse your username, before you deactivate your account, change your username to something that you don’t mind getting deleted.
You can take the following steps before deactivating your account to preserve your current username or email address for future use.
1 is Open Twitter Log in more to a browser or mobile app.
2. In the web browser, click on the “More” option on the left side of the screen. On the mobile app, tap on the icon of the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner.
3. Choose “Settings and Privacy”, then “Account”.
४. In the Account section, select “Username” and enter a new one.
5. Similarly, click “Email” and enter a new email address.
६. Choose “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen.
… Confirm new email when Twitter sends you a confirmation email.
How to reactivate twitter account
1 is Open Twitter In a web browser or open a mobile application.
2. Log in to your deactivated account.
3. A Twitter message will ask you to confirm that you want to reactivate.
४. Your account will be reinstated, although it may take a few days for all your tweets and messages to reappear.